Cortana is a digital voice assistant on Windows 10; she helps you get things done. Cortana helps you in finding almost anything on your device, informs you about weather and traffic information, tracks your packages and flights, creates reminders and manages your calendar, and she can even tell you a joke when you feel bored. To start using Cortana on your Windows 10 device, follow the steps given below:
Setting up Cortana
- Tap on the search box nearby the Start menu.
- You will get to see a tab explaining how the Cortana voice assistant works, what it does for you and why you need it. After you read the information on Cortana, tap on “I’m in” option.
- Accept the Privacy Terms after reading them all. Once you go through the privacy terms, select I Agree option.
- Turn on Hey, Cortana voice command. You will be asked for permission whether you want to enable the Cortana voice command feature or not, tap on Yes.
- Cortana will talk to you by your name; enter your name or nickname you want to be called by. And tap on “Use That” option to confirm.
Use Cortana to get general information
- Go to the search box and click it to open the Cortana. If you have Hey Cortana activated and microphone connected, you can say the phase without clicking the search bar.
- Now you can start asking Cortana some questions, such as What would be the weather of tomorrow or day after tomorrow?
Note: these questions can be asked by either typing the question in the search box or by clicking the icon of microphone beside search box to activate the voice command.
- You may even ask Cortana to launch the applications too. After clicking the microphone icon or by just saying Hey Cortana, you can tell Cortana to open apps.
- Also, Cortana can be used as a calculator to calculate any numbers you want.
Add personal information in Cortana
- Tap on the search box to open the Cortana. You will see a vertical window with different options.
- Tap on the Notebook window, which has a square icon, and this will be used to add personal information in Cortana.
Note: for making the best use of Cortana you can add more information about yourself in the system, that certainly will let Cortana know more about you. Thus, you will have even better and exciting answers to your questions.
- Add your personal likings and dislikes. By adding personal information, you can connect social media accounts with Cortana to provide the latest updates.
- You can also use Cortana to set reminders and look up music. You can add more details like meetings, reminders, festivals, birthdays and a lot more so that you will be reminded about the important events of your life.