Windows Defender is a free inbuilt defender utility tool from Microsoft for its Windows operating system. It works as an inbuilt antivirus and antimalware utility tool to protect the Windows from severe attacks and damages. Since the advanced viruses and other malicious programs are dangerous to the Windows system, turning to the offline tool could be a way to scan the Windows system and eliminate the malicious programs properly. There are some methods to run the Windows Defender Offline to secure the system, so let’s check out the methods and techniques given below for enabling Windows Defender in the computer system.
Here is how to run Windows Defender Offline
- Open the Settings of your Windows 10 by pressing Windows key + I key combination.
- In the Update & Security section, go to the left panel and click Windows Defender.
- Click the Virus & Threat Protection option.
- Now, click Advanced scan and click the Windows Defender Offline scan check box.
- Proceed to click the Scan now.
- A window will appear on the screen showing the scanning progress.
- Open the Settings of your Windows system.
- Click the Update & Security tab and select Windows Defender from the left panel of the window.
- Now, select Scan Offline tab.
- Your computer will restart and begin to scan the system.
- Check the scan results in the pop-up window.
- Open the Windows Defender from the Start menu search engine.
- Now, click the Download and Run button from the box saying that the computer needs additional cleaning.
- Now the computer system will restart, and Windows Defender Offline media will start working.
- Check the results from the box that has popped up on the screen.
The method is available for the Windows 7 users. Hence follow the steps carefully. You can download Windows Defender media creation tool on your computer. It is available for the systems running 32-Bit and 64-Bit.
- Now, insert a blank flash drive. It must be formatted to FAT.
- Flash drives formatted to exFAT or NTFS will not work correctly and may show errors.
- Now follow the instruction from the computer to create the Windows Defender media.
- Turn off the damaged system.
- Now, insert the Windows Defender media in the system.
- Boot the system into BIOS.
- Now you will have to change the boot order.
- Exit the BIOS and proceed to restart the computer.
- Windows Defender media will run off the flash drive and scan the computer entirely.
- After the completion of the scan, reboot the system into BIOS.
- Now change the boot order to normal.
- Remove the flash drive and check the scan results in the window that has popped up on the screen.