Hulu refers to an online TV service that was known as Fancast when it was first launched. Back in the days, it allowed users to watch reruns of TV shows online. Now, Hulu has grown and expanded and switched to a paid service. Hulu Plus or Hulu with Live TV allows users to live stream movies and TV shows. After subscribing to Hulu Plus, you can easily watch your favorite TV show on your TV. Before getting started, you would need a Hulu subscription. So just sign up for Hulu with Live TV and start the free trial. After that, follow the process given below and watch content from Hulu Plus on your TV.
Hook up TV with HDMI cable
- Firstly, you need to ensure that your computer as well as the television support HDMI.
- Find the HDMI port, which looks like a leveled, broad, and hexadic slot, on the side or rear of the PC. A similar slot will be located in the back or rear of your Television.
- Now, take out the HDMI cable for the television.
- You now need to connect the computer to the TV.
- Connect the first end of the HDMI cable into the appropriate slot in the Television.
- After that, connect the second end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI slot in your computer.
- Now you need to change the input of your television to HDMI. To do so, just hit the Input/Video button on the Television or from the remote control. After that, select the HDMI number mentioned next to the TV’s HDMI port.
- In certain televisions, you may have to hit the Input/Video button until the HDMI option appears.
- Now, you need to launch Hulu on the computer.
- Open a web browser and head over to hulu.com.
- Now, sign in if you aren’t signed in already. Just click on the Log In button in the top right corner of the screen, and key in your email and password to sign in to your Hulu account.
- After that, browse the content and select what you want to watch.
Streaming from Hulu Plus on Apple TV
- Firstly, you will have to install the Apple TV.
- After that, power the Apple TV on.
- Change the input to Apple TV.
- Now, in the home screen of your Apple TV, locate the app store.
- Then just find the Search option in the top right-hand corner of the screen and choose it.
- After that, you need to find the Hulu app. Key in HULU in the search box and then choose the first option from the pull-down search results.
- Choose the Hulu app from the screen.
- After that, choose the Install option.
- When the app gets downloaded, select the Open option to launch the app.
- Simply log in to your Hulu account by entering the email and password.
- Choose a movie or show to watch on the Apple TV.
Streaming content from Hulu Plus on an Amazon Fire TV
- Install the Fire TV.
- After that, power it on.
- Go to the Search option located in the top left-hand side of the TV screen.
- Or else, just hit the mic button on the remote for voice search.
- Enter Hulu in the search box.
- Or else, say Hulu to give a voice command.
- Now, choose the Apps and Games option from the upper side.
- Choose the Hulu app.
- Now, you need to select the Free option.
- When Hulu gets downloaded, choose the Open option.
- Simply sign in to your Hulu account and browse movies and TV shows.