Doesn’t it sound really cool to take your Amazon Echo with you when you travel? You are amazed to have an Amazon Echo device with fully set up Alexa. It is working well at your home. You may ask her to turn on the lights, make coffee, set timers and much more. You must miss that comfort while you are out. So now you don’t have to worry about it, you are not going to lose Alex when you are on vacation. Bring it along with you. So now you don’t have to feel bad if your hotel does not echo you. You may take your Echo device with you as it is an excellent companion and it fits comfortably in your suitcase. Smaller Echo Spot is more comfortable to take along. Whatever gadget you use, the process for setting it up is the same.
Here is a small guide about how to set up and use your Alexa device.
Set Up Alexa Device
- Plug in your Echo and let it get the power.
- Launch the Alexa app on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Your Echo should now be visible in the list of devices.
- Click the name of your Echo.
Switch the Wi-Fi Network
- Click change in the entry of Wi-Fi Network.
- To start your set up on the next screen, click the button connect to Wi-Fi to continue.
Fix Wi-Fi Connection
If you don’t see the orange lighten up screen on your device, hold down appropriate action button to fix the Wi-Fi setup.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings on your phone.
- Choose the name of your Echo device.
- It must be the word followed by a dash and three letters.
Choose Wi-Fi Network
- Alexa will now tell you that you are well connected to the device.
- Click continue.
- At the next screen, choose your local Wi-Fi network.
Finalize your Wi-Fi Set Up
- On the next screen, click the connect button.
- Input the password.
- Wait for a few minutes for your Echo to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- You will now see a message telling you that the set up is complete.
- Echo is connected.
- Click Continue.
- Now you can start talking to your Echo.
Change the Location of your Device
- You may now need the help of Alexa in telling you about the nearby hospitals, local information and weather reports. Echi doesn’t know where they are actually. So, you manually need to change its location setting.
- Come back to the Settings in Alexa App and click the name of Echo.
- Toggle down the screen and click the entry for the location of your device.
Enter the New Location
- At the location screen of the device, enter a full street address or the city and the state or ZIP code of the current location. Click save now.
- You may now ask Alexa for the local information, directions, and recommendations and she will reply on the basis of your current travel spot.
Karen Minton is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Karen has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup