Microsoft Office 2016 is the predecessor of Office 2019. It is a renowned and amazing Office suite that comes with a single time purchase. The interface of Office 2016 apps is intuitive, compact, and easy to use. If you have recently invested in purchasing this fantastic suite from online at office.com/setup or from a retail store, then you will find that installing it is not difficult. Microsoft has ensured that the setup process remains easy and quick. People, who have school or work accounts, can use them to access and get Microsoft Office 2016.
Remove Older Office Versions from the Device
If your device does not have any older Office variant installed, then you can download the Office 2016 setup. But if there are older variants on your system, such as Office 2013, Office 2010, 2007, or 365, then they will have to be removed before you install the new setup. This way, you can circumvent possible conflicts between different suites. Follow the stepwise method given below to uninstall older Office versions from your computer:
- Click on Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Now, in the list of programs, choose Uninstall.
- Click on the previous variant of Microsoft Office.
- Select Uninstall.
- In the Setup prompt, you will be asked if you are certain you wish to remove the Office version from the device.
- Click on the Yes button.
- When the uninstallation is over, click on Close.
- Now, for the uninstall process to be successful, you need to reboot the computer.
Downloading Microsoft Office 2016
Follow the steps given here to sign in to your Microsoft account, download the setup and then proceed with the installation process. It doesn’t take long for the setup to download. Just ensure that your operating system is up to date. Follow these steps:
- Launch the browser to the webpage – www.office.com/setup.
- Click on Microsoft Office 2016.
- Now, click on the Get Started option.
- Hit the blue Install Office 2016 button.
- Log into your Microsoft account. If you are a student or employee, then use the student or worker sign in.
- After entering the work or campus username and password, hit the Sign In button.
- Select if you wish to make Bing the search engine.
- Choose if you wish to make MSN the home page of the web browser.
- Click on the orange Install Now button.
Installing Microsoft Office 2016
Follow the process given below and install Office 2016 on your device.
- Firstly, you need to hit the run button.
- After that. When prompted by a dialogue box, select the Yes option.
- Now, hold your breath and allow the Office apps and services to get installed.
- You may have to click on Setup or Save file and then run the setup, depending on the web browser.
- When the apps are downloaded, you will see a message stating that things are getting ready.
- You will be able to see the MS Office apps which are currently being installed on display.
- The status bar will reveal the amount of installation that is remaining.
- Wait for the installation to get over.
- Hit the Close button.
Activating Microsoft Office 2016
Firstly, check whether the internet connection is stable so that the OS can activate the product. Follow these steps.
- Open the start menu.
- Click on Word 2016.
- Choose the Activate option.
- When you open the program for the first time, you will see only the option for Activation.
- Now, enter the 25 characters alphanumeric product key.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to activate the product.
- You will have to login or register for a Microsoft account.