Microsoft Office 365 is indubitably the best product suite for businesses. This suite allows users to perform basic tasks in the cloud. It also comes with a complete set of desktop apps which are installed on the computer. With Office 365 setup, users can create documents, Excel sheets, and slideshows and collaborate with colleagues. It also comes with Skype for video calling and OneDrive for cloud storage. Setting it up is rather easy, and can be done at office.com/setup.
There are several editions of Office 365. And these editions have several sub-editions as well. The key versions of Office 365 are:
The best thing about Microsoft Office 365 is that it comes with a pr-user subscription. Therefore, users can download and install Office programs from office.com/setup, and they can install them on several platforms and devices such as Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. These installed programs are linked to one account. Give that the user has an active subscription, the plans get automatically updated. All the editions of MS Office 365 come with seven basic programs in both desktop and mobile mode. These are:
Getting Started with Office 365 Setup Process
Certain Office 365 for Home products have an activation key. If your Office product came with activation code, then prior to downloading the setup for the first time, log in using your old Microsoft account, or create a new one and copy the activation key.
If you have Office 365 for business subscription that comes with desktop versions of the Office applications, then you will have to get a license assigned.
Download Microsoft Office Setup on Windows PC
Create a Microsoft account or use an older one to access the Office 365 setup file. Download it by following these steps:
- Navigate to www.office.com/setup and log into the Microsoft account.
- When you log in, click on Install Office.
- Now, click on Install.
- To change the 64-bit version to the 32-bit version, go to other options.
- Select the language from the Other options.
- Allow the download to complete.
Install Microsoft Office 365 on Windows PC
When the download is over, follow the instructions on the screen to install Office 365. Here’s how:
- When the download is over, click on Rum/Setup/Save File (as per the web browser).
- In the User Account Control Prompt window, click on the Yes button.
- The installation will begin now.
- Allow the process to get over.
- View the animation that gets displayed on the screen.
- Click on the close option.
Activate Office 365 Setup on Windows PC
After installing, activate the product by entering the activation code. Here’s how:
- Open the Start menu, and search for any Office app.
- Click on the app to open it.
- Now, you will have to sign in to set up Office 365.
- Click on the blue Sign in button.
- Click on the Next button in the Office Activation Wizard screen.
- Input the 25 characters alphanumeric product key and hit Enter.
- Click the green Activate Office button.
Download Microsoft Office 365 on Mac
From your Microsoft account, find the Office 365 setup file. Follow these steps and download it:
- Visit www.office.com/setup and log in.
- Now, choose the Install Office option.
- Select Install after that.
- Allow the setup to download on the Mac.
Install Microsoft Office 365 on Mac
Run and Install Ms Office 365 on your Mac by applying these steps:
- In the Finder, click on Downloads.
- Click twice on the Office 365 setup file.
- Click on the Continue option in the Installation screen.
- After that, click on Continue when you have read the Microsoft agreement.
- Click on Agree and determine the installation option.
- Hit the Continue button.
- Check the disk space needs.
- Hit Install.
- Input the password.
- Hit the blue Install Software button.
- Click on close when done.
Activate Microsoft Office 365 on Mac
Open any Microsoft Office app, and activate the subscription. Here’s how:
- Go to your Dock.
- Click on Launchpad.
- Select any Office app.
- Hit Get Started.
- Log in to your Microsoft account.
- Input the 25 characters product key.
- Hit Enter and click on Start Using “App Name.”